Raritan Township Democratic Club
Paid for by the Raritan Township Democratic Committee ~ 153 Voorhees Corner Road, Flemington, NJ 08822
CONSTITUTION OF THE RARITAN TOWNSHIP DEMOCRATIC CLUB
We, the Democrats of the Township of Raritan in the County of Hunterdon in the State of New Jersey, in order to ensure participation in the political process of the United States, the State of New Jersey, and the County of Hunterdon by all people regardless of race, religion, gender, economic status, or any other attribute irrelevant to the right of individual freedom; and with the desire to promote the traditional principles of the Democratic Party of the United States and of the State of New Jersey, and the County of Hunterdon, do hereby acknowledge this Constitution and agree to abide by it as the basic document of the Raritan Township Democratic Club. It is our hope and intention that we can ensure the open and free conduct of public affairs in our community and, to that end, we hereby establish and adopt this Constitution of the Raritan Township Democratic Club.
Purposes and Powers
The Raritan Township Democratic Club is empowered to
- Endorse the principles of the Democratic party of the State of New Jersey subject to the Constitution and laws of the United States of America and the State of New Jersey.
- Endorse candidates for election under the laws of the State of New Jersey and work for the election of such candidates.
- Raise and disburse money.
- Educate the electorate in issues affecting the Township of Raritan and the County of Hunterdon.
- The Raritan Township Democratic Club shall work to ensure the fair selection of candidates for public office giving proper consideration to national and state party platforms and policies.
- Equal opportunity shall be afforded all members and candidates regardless of race, age, gender, economic status, or any other attribute irrelevant to the right of individual freedom, to participate in all activities conducted on behalf of the Democratic Committee of Hunterdon County, including participation as candidates for elective office at all levels.
Enacted March 11, 2010